In the fall of 2014, the SETLC completed indoor renovations under the $18 million renovation project and this summer 2015 the outdoor renovations were completed, which will transform, expand, and enhance the center facilities.
This has provided a unique opportunity to expand and launch additional programs to serve children and families.
Renovations included a 48,000 square foot indoor arena, six tennis courts and a mezzanine level the length of the building, which will seat over 300 spectators. Other amazing features include a glass encased fitness and conditioning room with modern equipment, an expanded kitchen, enhancement of the education and computer areas, and a spectacular new entry way. There will be brand new USTA tournament quality outdoor courts, which feature a practice clay court.
About the Project
The facility interior is designed by V Starr, the exceptional full service design company owned and operated by Venus Williams. The facilities design is created to provide children and youth with meaningful visual inspiration, information, and will be used in the Center’s curriculum.
The $18 million dollar renovation project includes:
- A new masonry walls & steel structure to cover the indoor courts
- 48,000 square foot indoor arena named the Williams Arena in Venus Williams and Serena Williams honor
- A spectacular entry way
- (6) new 78’ interior hard courts
- 300 Spectator Mezzanine seating in the 48,000 sq ft indoor facility
- An expanded kitchen and laundry facilities
- Remodeled lavatory and shower areas
- Additional tennis staff office space with indoor court viewer windows
- New multi-purpose room and
- Enhancement of the computer lab and education classrooms
- (6) new 78’ outdoor hard courts
- new 78’ clay tech outdoor practice court
- New court lighting
- New pavilion with family friendly seating areas
- New Hitting Wall warm up area
- Curbside Kiosk
- New glass encased fitness and conditioning center with modern equipment
- Handicap accessibility with elevator to mezzanine
- The new building is sustainable, ADA compliant and LEED Silver.
With all of these elements, one of the most under-served communities in the country will be home to one-of-a-kind, state-of-the-art tennis and education center.
Click here to see renovation photos. (feature renovation photos)
This incredible expansion also provides the opportunity to expand all programs and open the doors of the center to more children and families creating a broader impact on our community.